- Hold 4 workshops, topics TBD by members (half-day, hands on).
- Hold 4 classes on topics TBD by members (2 hour, discussion-based).
- Hold an annual meeting in fall/winter 2014 including reflection, feedback, food & merriment.
- Release quarterly email newsletters that include network updates, announcements of upcoming workshops/classes, informational articles, op-eds, etc.
- Collaborate with partners to gather and dispense information & updates for local farmers (partners including OSU Extension, Yamhill SWCD, Friends of Family Farmers, etc).
POSSIBLE WORKSHOP/CLASS TOPICS:
(This is just a brief list of ideas: classes and workshops will be determined based upon member interest and feedback about areas they want to explore)
- The 1000 Bird Exemption & Best Practices
- Legal Issues on the Farm
- SNAP Sales & Your Farm
- Farm Business Planning
- Farm Butchery
- Thinking About CSA? What You Need to Know
- Value Added Goods: Making & Selling Them
- Bees on the Farm
- Horse Power
- The USDA Microloan Program, Explained
- Ag Policy Update with Friends of Family Farmers
- Employees, Interns, Volunteers, and Management
- NRCS Programs & Your Options
- Tree & Berry Crops for the Small Farm
NOTE: Workshops may have a small cost associated with them, particularly if we bring in an expert to put on that workshop. Costs will be kept to a minimum so as not to become a barrier to participation.